Together, we let the washhouse come to life again. Four wash-women (created by us) and their two children will meet and chat with us – people from 21st century.
We will create together five 3D large panels: cooling-towers of Differdange; and four wash-women and their two children. A structure covered with mixed-media upcycled canvases (“bricks”) will illuminate the washhouse. The rising sun in the back wall will bring the light to the inner walls.
Stanislava will work in the washhouse every other week (Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday – 9:00-13:00 and 14:00-19:00) – starting 14 March 2022.
Citizens of Differdange and visitors: you can come and create with Stanislava; and by chatting together remember wash-women and their chats;
You can attend upcycled media workshops at the spot free-of-charge (see notes below);
You can adopt one of 104 “bricks” – all the proceedings will be donated to the organisation(s) in Differdange (decided by citizens – you can already place your suggestions in the comments);
You can give names to the women and the children and vote on which name they get (you can suggest their names in the comments).
WILL YOU COME TO CHAT WITH ME? …AND CREATE TOGETHER?
Project will be realised under the personal auspices of H.E. Mr. Vladimír Bärtl, Ambassador of the Czech Republic to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
– Model (in ratio 1:7) shows both upcycled and finished canvases. For colours, see simplified sketches. For the shape of sun rays, see the metal door of the washhouse. Within creation, clotheslines with laundry to be added during creation time.
– Upcycling: use of different paper and plastic waste; not needed stuff and old clothes in creating of artwork
– Upcycled mixed-media workshops: 6 workshops for maximum of 10 participants/each – 3 x 4 hours in three following days (registration needed) (all art supplies will be available on site)
– Panel dimensions: cooling-towers of Differdange – approx. 3.5 x 6.0 metres, wash women – approx. 3.5 x 2.5 metres (four panels)
– Structure for panels NOT touching the walls and ceiling – constructed from scaffold tubes covered with a wire fence.
– Financial support (15 000 EUR) will be used for canvases, construction of the structure for panels, covering of the floor during creation, workshops, all creation material (colours, glue, brushes, other stuff for mixed technique and much more), refreshments for co-creators, banners and other promotion material, lights, insurance etc.
– All hygienic measures applied on site.